RTR Unlimited Program Details
For the last month or so, I’ve had the pleasure of partnering with Rent The Runway to try their Unlimited program. It’s a monthly subscription where you pay $139/month and have access to almost the entire Rent The Runway closet. Yup, that’s right an entirely new closet filled with designer goodies at your access. The shipping is FREE, they handle the dry cleaning and you can cancel at anytime!
Rental subscriptions are the way to go if:
- You’re unsure about your personal style and want the option to try out different styles without breaking the bank. Rent The Runway has in-store stylists to help you identify the right pieces for your body type.
- You like to try things before you buy them to see if you really need that item or if the high dissipates after the first wear.
- You don’t have much closet space and being able to rent and return helps to keep your closet clutter to a minimum.
- You’re a socialite with an extensive events calendar.
- You like the added incentive to keep what you’re renting by purchasing the item at a discounted price.
I’m here for the try before you buy and the discounted pricing!
There are a few caveats:
- You can only rent three pieces at a time on rotation (including accessories). You can keep the pieces for as long or as short as you want. For instance, I can rent one dress for two months and swap out the other two pieces every week, if I wanted.
- There are a few products that are not eligible for the Unlimited Subscription. So, there may be items that are available for the standard 4 or 8-Day rental that aren’t available for the Unlimited Program.
With that, you have to be a little more strategic with your rentals.
- Rent the higher price point pieces just to keep variety in your closet or for special occasions.
- There are a few pieces that have a lower price point. If you like them, it would probably be financially smarter to just buy the item instead of continuing to rent it on a monthly basis.
My overall review is that I really enjoy the Unlimited Program and it’s been fun to select new pieces every week. I don’t mess around with keeping the pieces too long. I like to turn ’em and burn ’em!
I’ve been able to try pieces that I may have never been exposed to because I tend to shop at the same places. You guys already know where (check the left sidebar for my favorite places to shop)! Rent The Runway offers pieces at varying price points. So, I’ve actually been able to rent designer pieces for a fraction of the cost and have found some really affordable pieces that could be making their way into my closet very soon. The added discount is definitely a plus!
I have, however, had a few times where I placed an order for pieces that were available on the site and received an e-mail a few days later stating that the piece was no longer available, that it was damaged or not returned on time. The team was very helpful and communicative in trying to identify some other options and rectify the situation. After these experiences, I’ve been able to manage my expectations in terms of focusing on ordering specific pieces. My Tiff Tip is to always have a few back up options if you’re ordering for a specific event or special occasion.
Use code: RTRUNLIM1 for $25 off your first month of Unlimited. This offer ends on April 1st. Don’t miss it!
I’ll likely do a Tiff Talks on my experience with the Rent The Runway Unlimited Program just so that I can answer your questions in real time. If you have any questions in the meantime, feel free to leave them in the comments.
Get The Look:
Line + Dot Wren Maxi Coat c/o Rent The Runway – Rent here and Sold here
Suno Dress c/o Rent The Runway – Rent here
H&M Striped Shirt – Similar here
Clare V. Caramel Flat Clutch c/o Rent The Runway – Rent here and Sold here
MCB Project Turban – No Longer Available
Zara Sunglasses – No Longer Available
Stella McCartney Pumps – Similar here
H&M Collar Necklace – No Longer Available
Photography: J Shotti
I love how you mix stripes and patterns. Can you give the deets on the lipgloss please.
It's MAC 'Vino' lip liner, Dior 'Mysterious Mauve' Lip Stick and MAC 'Talk Sexy' Lipglass. Enjoy!